Ponte Santa Trinità Florence
Address and Public Transport
The address of the bridge is Ponte Santa Trinità and it connects Via de’ Tornabuoni on the north side of the Arno with Via Maggio on the south side. Bus: 11, 36.
The Ponte Santa Trinità is named after the Santa Trinità Church.
Already in 1252 there was a wooden version of the bridge. It was built by order of the Frescobaldi family.
The current bridge was built in 1567 on the occasion of the marriage of Cosimo II. The architect Ammannati had four statues depicting the four seasons placed on the bridge.
After the bridge was blown up by the Germans in 1944, it was almost completely rebuilt. However, the head of the statue depicting “Spring” was missing. It was not until 1961 that this, by chance, was found.